The SENS UAW Bargaining Committee set a strike deadline for November 26, 2018. If you are an ASW who will sign on and join the 200 members who have already committed to strike, click here.
Read our full strike deadline announcement here.
In May 2018, we went on strike to bring The New School administration to the table on economic issues successfully. This time, with all almost all the non-economic articles agreed, we need to pressure them to give us the compensation we are asking for.
Below are resources to help academic student workers, students, faculty, and allies support a successful strike action and push the administration to finishing a fair contract this semester.
Resources for academic student workers:
- FAQ on striking
- Template email to send to your faculty member explaining that you’re going on strike
- How to talk to your faculty and supervisors about going on strike (including specifics for people working in each role)
- Sign the student support letter
- FAQ on what the strike means for students and how to support the union
- Template email to send to the administration to pressure them to negotiate on economics seriously
For New School faculty: